It’s been 3 years!
I absolutely cannot believe it’s been 3 years since I graduated, aka retired, from the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Some parts of my mind think it has only been about a week. In other parts, I don’t even remember that life I led! Don’t get me wrong, I had a wonderful career with the federal government. I think I did a lot of good along the way. But …
I WOULDN’T GO BACK!
As I reflect on the past 3 years, I’m amazed at what all I’ve accomplished. In no particular order, here are some of my accomplishments.
- Started my own training and consulting business.
- Written multiple blogs, mostly relating to leadership development and communication skills.
- Became a Certified Professional Behavioral Analyst who facilitates DISC Behavioral Profile Assessment Workshops.
- Became a Certified Change Style Indicator® Facilitator.
- Hired as a contractor for the State of Oklahoma to facilitate some their professional development workshops.
- Spoken to over 1,800 individuals, spanning 6 different states.
- Written 3 books that became Amazon.Com Best Sellers. Book 4 is underway.
A friend asked if I regretted that I didn’t leave my job sooner to pursue my passion. I responded immediately that NO I did not regret any of it. My experiences in corporate mortgage banking and then for the Department of Housing and Urban Development provided the lessons and foundations that led me to where I am today.
I was asked once why I said “graduated”. They thought that was stupid and had no idea what I meant. I said that I was too young chronologically and mentally to have retired to a recliner. I was merely moving from one part of my life into a new chapter. To me, it was just like graduating from college and taking my first job. I graduated from one career that led me into the next one. The past 3 years have flown by and I look forward to evolving with my business as the years roll on.